Preserve your valuable vinyl LPs and cassettes - record them to CDs or MP3 Files
Now you will never have to worry about scratching your LPs again. You will also be able to play your LP music in your car or any other CD player that can play recordable CDs!
To record a vinyl LP to convert to a CD or MP3 Files you need to use a 'WAV file recorder' to store a WAV format file on your hard disk. Most general purpose WAV recorders are packed with functions. They tend to be complicated and time-consuming to configure and use.
LP Recorder has been designed with one purpose in mind - to record vinyl LPs. Connect the tape or line output from your stereo to the line input of your soundcard, select the recording input, enter a filename and press the record button.
You can also record audio from your cassettes, tapes, CDs, DVDs, VCRs, TV, radio, MiniDisc etc. - or any other audio source that you can connect to your soundcard's line-in input.
LP Recorder is designed to be used with the track splitting program LP Ripper and the CD-burning software LP Burner. However, LP Recorder can be used with most other software capable of processing audio CD-quality 16-bit stereo WAV files.
LP Recorder, LP Ripper and LP Burner are used together to record an LP or cassette to a CD in this way:
- Use LP Recorder to record both sides of your LP or tape to a single CD-quality WAV file onto your hard disk.
- Select Split Tracks from the LP Recorder menu to launch LP Ripper to split the large WAV file into a separate WAV file for each track.
- Select Burn Tracks from the LP Ripper menu to launch LP Burner to copy the resulting track WAV files to a blank CD-R disk.
- Alternatively select Encode Tracks from the LP Ripper menu to save the tracks as compressed MP3 files compatible with the Apple iPod or similar portable MP3 player.
Refer to the Quickstart Guide supplied with each program for more detailed step-by-step instructions.
Special features of LP Recorder suited to recording vinyl and cassettes are:
- Automatically adjusts optimum recording levels to avoid distortion
- Auto Start for remote operation
- Auto Stop for unattended operation
- Pause recording - useful for recording a selection of tracks from different LPs and cassettes
- Append to an existing recording
- Recording in stereo, 2-channel mono or single-channel mono
- Visual level meter can be used to check recording levels before AND during recording
- Simultaneous playback option so you can listen on your computer speakers while recording
- Large volume slider with numeric values for precise settings
- Skipping and clipping detection and protection
- Produces an LP Ripper-compatible Tracks (TRK) File
- The menu includes Split Tracks to automatically launch LP Ripper with the current recording
- Supports multiple soundcards / devices installed on one system
- Level meter is displayed even if meters are not supported by your soundcard
- The remaining recording time, based on the free space on your disk, is displayed
- The recorded file is instantly ready for further processing as soon as the recording has finished
- Minimum number of settings for easy configuration
- Supported on Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 11
- System requirements, list of files etc.
Can I try it out?
Download the trial copy of LP Recorder. It includes all features of the registered full version for you to use for an unlimited time except that each recording is limited to approximately 4 minutes.